0

Module 7

I’ve noticed that many social networks are set up in a very similar way.  Facebook, Pintrest, Twitter, Link-in and Delicious have several things in common.

Each of these social networking sites encourage social networking (duh!) but using a different label – i.e. followers, friends, fans, connections etc.  Information is shared via posts, status updates, tweets, pins etc.  These sites really do foster the building of online communities.

I like the idea of social bookmarking.  Especially as a teacher, Delicious would be very useful to easily find links and resources for various subjects.  The tagging function is GREAT and just makes it all that much easier to locate and retrieve great websites for use in the classroom.

I completed this module at school and initially found it difficult to get Delicious on to the toolbar, though I FINALLY worked it out.  At present, I have many great links organised in a Microsoft Word document.  I would like to add these to Delicious so that I can share them with my colleagues.

I found it difficult to search for friends on Delicious, however I did manage to follow some other educators. I might have to find friends by signing into Twitter or Google+.

I have finally had a chance to log on to some other participants’ blogs.  It’s affirming to know that many share my thoughts on the various modules and have had similar experiences and difficulties.  It’s nice knowing that I’m not the only one!

J Palermo